A Complete Guide to the Sedo Domain Auction Process
Whether you want to get a better domain name for your company or sell one you already own for a profit, you can conduct all domain-related business on Sedo.
In this post, we'll share everything worth knowing about Sedo auctions.
Is Sedo.com Legit?
Based on 551 reviews, Sedo has a TrustPilot rating of 4.3 (out of 5), which falls in the Excellent range. So, yes, it's legit.
You can read the reviews to find out about the range of different peoples' experiences.
You can also subscribe to Sedo's newsletter to receive email updates from Sedo, including domain hints, tips for the perfect domain name, featured TLD of the month, product novelties, upcoming auctions and other special events.
Sedo Direct and Marketplace Auctions
Getting the perfect domain has never been more straightforward than with these two types of Sedo auctions:
In a direct auction, the seller starts to auction a domain whenever and however they please, whether that means charging a fixed price or setting a minimum bid.
A marketplace auction, on the other hand, always awards the domain name to the highest bidder.
In this scenario, the initial bidder commits to buying the name.
How Much Does Sedo Charge to Sell a Domain?
As a seller, your domains will display in search results, on your personal auction page, and on the Sedo homepage, no matter which type of auction you choose.
Also, you should know that both auctions include a free transfer service and only charge a 15% commission.
Sedo GreatDomains Auction
If you want to get a better domain name for your business, look no further than Sedo’s bi-monthly GreatDomains Auctions for premium domains.
How Do I Sell My Sedo Domain?
To sell premium domains at these auctions, you need to submit them for approval.
Sedo’s brokerage team will approve your domains within three to five days as long as they meet the following requirements:
- Premium TLD such as .com or .net
- A name describing something that exists (for example, cars.com)
- High SEO value and cost-per-click (CPC)
- A name that doesn’t violate any copyrights or brand rights
- Matching language of the domain name and TLD (for instance, auto.de)
- A name that is short, easy to spell, and easy to remember
Sedo Expiring-Domain Auctions
Getting the perfect domain name doesn't have to mean starting from scratch with a new domain.
With starting bids as low as $79, Sedo’s daily auctions for expiring domains enable you to buy domains that already come with SEO value.
You might have all the tips for GoDaddy domain auctions, but most of the highest domain auctions of all time have come from the Sedo platform.
The Sedo Domain-Selling Process: Step by Step
Before you can enter your domain in one of the auction types described above, you need to complete the following steps:
- Create and activate a customer account.
- Get certified to buy and sell names on Sedo by selecting the certification level appropriate for your needs. If you plan to spend less than $10,000 in auctions, the Standard level will suffice.
- Add domains to your account.
- For each of the domains:
- Assign categories, including a mandatory master category and up to two additional relevant categories.
- Set your price, or leave the box empty if you want buyers to make their own offers. If you go the latter route, make sure to specify a minimum bid.
- Write a description.
- Verify the listing.
Start using SpamZilla to find domains to buy and sell on Sedo today! And don't forget to sign up for the Sedo newsletter for tips on a perfect domain name, featured TLD of the month, and more.