A .actor domain name or a domain name for actors is a unique alphanumeric moniker that follows the .actor extension. It can also be used to indicate an actor's production company, website, fan club, or other similar purposes.
Who can use a .actor domain name?
Actors and other individuals associated to the entertainment and performing arts industries can use .actor domain names, including:
- Talent agents and managers
- Acting coaches
- Managers of recording artists
- Agents representing dancers, models, motion capture actors, etc.
Who regulates .actor Domain Name?
ICANN – The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers is in charge of the .actor registration process. ICANN coordinates the assignment of domain names, IP address blocks, and protocol parameters for global computer networks to ensure that users can find web pages easily on the internet.
Tips to choose ideal .actor domain name:
If you are looking for a domain name that can be easily remembered, choose one with an extension similar to .actor. You might want to choose a .actor Domain Name because it is much easier to type when compared to other extensions. Almost all keyboards have at least one key designed for ".com" but could have several dedicated keys for the other extensions.
- Choose a .actor domain name if there is any chance that you will be using the name of another actor because it could be confusing. For example, companies or anyone else looking for domains related to actors should avoid naming their website something that includes an actor's actual name. This can lead to legal issues if your site will not directly involve the entertainer.
- Be aware that .actor Domain Names have been used as a way to conceal brand names from being stolen or used by other organizations.
What's the Difference Between .com and .actor domain name?
The world's most widely-used online identification system is the .com, which usually comes with extensions such as .travel, .restaurants and so on. On the other hand, a .actor domain name will be more recognizable to people who know about actors and their associated works.
What Documents Do You Need to Register .actor Domain Name?
- Prove that you have permission from the actor whose identity you want to use by presenting your official documentations. If you are not personally associated with the actor in any way, the application is most likely to be declined.
- A few of these documents include:
1. Letter of authorization from an agent or manager representing the actor.
2. Letter of agreement between a talent agency and current official representative for the actor.
3. A document authorizing you to register the related domain name on behalf of the actor.
4. If you are a fan club related to an actor, their authorization is needed as well.
How Much Does .actor Domain Name Cost?
On average, a .actor domain name costs about $25/year for each year of registration. This may also change depending on the registrar you choose. Some may charge a higher price for .actor name registration, so you must be careful when choosing one to avoid overpaying. In addition, there might be minimum fees charged for each year of registration.