A .afamilycompany Domain Name is a new top level domain name that is open for registration. The .afamilycompany domain name has been introduced to promote family entrepreneurship on internet.
Any individual, firm, association or corporation having family members has the right to register their first or last names as a .afamilycompany domain name. This includes any/all legitimate entities, including but not limited to:
A. First and last names as a .afamilycompany domain name
B. Combination of full names as a .afamilycompany domain name
C. Single words as a .afamilycompany domain name
D.Phrases as a .afamilycompany domain name
The registrant of a .afamilycompany Domain Name is subject to the policies and procedures as set forth by the "dotFamily Foundation". The dotFamily Foundation aims to promote family entrepreneurship on internet. This is under IANA, the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority.
1. Be creative and unique – Make a .afamilycompany Domain Name easy to remember. It should have special meaning for you or your family. In addition, it can be helpful if the domain is easy for others to spell and pronounce as well as remembering it in the future.
2. Make it clear – A .afamilycompany Domain Name should best reflect your business or organization. It is also preferable, when possible to avoid domain names that are simply acronyms of your company name, since acronyms are sometimes confused with other words in written form or spoken form.
3. Don't be misleading – A .afamilycompany Domain Name should best represent your business or organization. It is also advisable for you to look through the list of names provided by DOTAFAMILY Foundation as a reference, so as not to violate any rules and policies set forth by DOTAFAMILY Foundation.
Yes, there are. You cannot register .afamilycompany Domain Name for anti-ethical and/or illegal purposes. This includes:
1. Pornography and erotic material
2. Tobacco and similar products advertising and promotion
3. Gambling business
4. Discrimination of any kind
5. Decipherable messages
6. Discrimination against any nation, race or gender
7. Any illegal activity
8. Violation of any laws and regulations
9. Personal attacks to anyone, including other individuals involved in .afamilycompany domain name registration process or existing parties/organizations/and companies
10. Spamming activities
To register .afamilycompany domain name, you need the following documents:
1. A notarized affidavit of eligibility letter stating that your company/organization is a legal entity and it must be certified by a notary public. For private individuals who wish to register their personal names as a .afamilycompany Domain Name, they must submit a notarized affidavit of eligibility letter stating that their names are in good faith, which must be certified by a notary public.
2. Copy of your valid ID (for private individuals) or copy of your company's certificate of registration (for legal entities).
One year registration for a .afamilycompany Domain Name costs USD 85.00. You can register .afamilycompany domain name for a period between one to ten years.