Ascio Technologies, Inc. Danmark - Filial af Ascio technologies, Inc. USA
.AFRICA Domain Sales
.africa Domain Name
A .africa Domain Name is a domain name for a website that was created for Africa. .africa Domain Name can be registered by anyone from any country, however, many of the generic top-level-domain names are restricted to countries that are members of certain international organizations or have special agreements with the Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN). The purpose of .africa Domain Name is to reserve a space for Internet users in Africa.
Who can use a .africa domain name?
The .africa can be used by pan african and african based organizations and individuals. This includes political organizations, african personalities, bands and other entertainment groups. However, it is not limited to them alone. The only requirement is that the domain must be registered for a website relating to Africa or its people.
Who regulates .africa Domain Name?
ICANN allocates .africa Domain Names on behalf of african ccTLD manager. The exact allocation is done via manager's registry agreement with ICANN, who acts as the global coordinator for domain names and performs the function of ensuring that internet governance (IGF) policy is implemented by governments and other stakeholders.
What documents do you need to register .africa Domain Name?
Any person who wishes to obtain a .africa Domain Name must provide ICANN with personal information that is connected to the domain name registration. This includes providing the details of the registrant, administrative contact and technical contact associated with the requested .africa Domain Name.
Some notable documents that may need to be provided include:
1. Copy of ID/Passport which validates the registrant's name and features their photograph.
2. Company letterhead (if applicable).
3. Indicate whether the entity is Limited or Unlimited Liability.
Rules for .africa Domain Name:
The rules of using .africa Domain Name are referred to as the Registry Agreement. The following are some basic rules applicable to every registrar, however, depending on the specific registrations, there can be numerous other factors affecting a domain name:
1. A unique and valid domain name must be registered for each website. Use of misspellings or alternative domains is not allowed, even if you are working with an entirely different subject matter.
2. Only one domain name in each category can be registered in a year. For example: you cannot register names such as "blogging," and then register other names within that category, such as "business" and "journalism".
3. .africa Domain Name does not allow for domain name registration in a ccTLD, which is similar to IP address blocking. In other words, you cannot register a second .africa Domain Name in order to have two websites with the same content on them.
Are there any restrictions when registering .africa domain name?
There are only 2 kinds of restrictions associated with .africa Domain Name registration. The first is the number of domains that can be registered in a particular year. All registrars are required to abide by this rule, however, not all of them enforce it.
What types of e-mails are allowed to be used on the .africa domain name?
An IP address that is assigned to a web hosting account can receive both business and non-business e-mails. The only restriction here is the size of the mailbox, which must be large enough for all incoming messages.
Is .africa a community-based domain name?
While .com Domain Names are restricted to private companies and individuals, governments or not-for-profit groups, .africa Domain Names are for anyone who is connected to Africa in some way. This includes cultural institutions, tourism boards or non-profits.