The .agakhan Domain Name is a sponsored top-level domain name. It is one of the new domain names on the Internet. It was introduced to facilitate ease of use for community users, especially those who are familiar with Malay language or Islamic terms. This is because .agakhan Domain Name's characters are based on the wordings used in conversations between Muslims and their teachers (Muallafs) during lessons.
Who Can Use a .agakhan Domain Name?
Only those who are interested in the .agakhan Domain Name, such as community members and non-profit organizations in Malaysia and abroad who has similar interests/ideology with the sponsored top-level domain name can use it.
Who Regulates .agakhan Domain Name?
The .agakhan Domain Name is regulated by the Ministry of Communications and Multimedia Malaysia. The registration services are provided by MYNIC Berhad, which is also accredited by the ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) to operate the .agakhan Domain Name.
Tips to Choose Ideal .agakhan Domain Name:
The following are some tips that you can take into consideration when choosing your ideal .agakhan Domain Name:
- Be familiar with the wordings in Malay language and Islamic terms.
- Make sure that it is easily identifiable by community members or their friends/associates.
- Include your keywords, if you have any. For example, if your business specializes in Halal foods, you can opt for .agakhan Domain Name with "Halal" in it instead of other generic names that are not related to your business.
- You can register either with .my or country code top-level domain (ccTLD) extension.
Are There Any Restrictions When Registering .agakhan Domain Name?
Only one person or organization can be registered as the registrant or administrative contact in a .agakhan Domain Name. If your organization/association has other branches, then just register the main office and the others as alias contact.
Is .agakhan Domain Name a Community-based Domain?
Yes, to some extent. As mentioned earlier, .agakhan Domain Name is regulated by MYNIC.MY which is an abbreviation for Malaysian Network Information Center. This agency is responsible in making sure that the domain names are registered according to the rules and regulations set by ICANN.
What's the Difference Between .com. and .agakhan?
The difference between .com. and .agakhan is that the former is a generic top-level domain (gTLD) while the latter is a sponsored top-level domain name (sTLD). This means that there are no specific rules for .com. domain names, other than those set by ICANN. Agakhan's domain name on the other hand is regulated and only community users can use it because .agakhan Domain Name reserves the rights to ensure that community members do not abuse or misuse it.
What Documents Do You Need to Register .agakhan Domain Name?
Below are the documents needed:
- For a company, its Memorandum and Articles of Association and Certificate of Incorporation.
- For a sole proprietor, copy of Personal Identification Card.
- For a partnership firm, Partnership Deed.
- For a society/association/non-profit organization, the constitution or any other document that is similar to its constitution.
How Much Does .agakhan Domain Name Cost?
It depends on the number of years you will be using it. The minimum is 1 year and the maximum is 10 years. The price ranges from RM30 to RM399 per year (or more if paid in advance). Prices may vary depending on the companies that offer .agakhan Domain Name registration services.
Request password reset
Please fill out your email. A link to reset password will be sent there.