.audio is a domain extension representing the global community of music, streaming, and audio projects around the world.
Anybody with a passion for sound can register .audio domain names to connect and build their digital presence on this exciting and relevant platform.
Businesses looking to seize the opportunities created by the way we all consume music today should consider registering .audio as well.
What makes .audio unique in the domain name industry?
There is no other authority in existence that can offer .audio — we own it, operate it, and maintain it. It's a unique extension for unique industry, and we stay extremely focused on our community to make sure they always come first.
Also, the .audio registry is built from scratch with features you won't find anywhere else including:
- Top Level Design review process for every registration.
- Upgrades & Transfers during the 1st year after initial registration.
- Extensive controls to manage your domain portfolio(s).
- Registrar Lock status is available at no extra cost.
- Technology for Brands and Trademark Holders developed by brands and trademark holders.
- Partnership program designed around a frictionless payment system that is fair, transparent, and provides a great path to market for Registry Operators and other industry partners.
- Award-winning 24/7 live support via phone, email, and webchat.
You should know that .audio domains are not just for musicians or webmasters who have an online music-related business - anyone from all over the world can grab one!
The best part of it is that you can use .audio domains for many purposes, such as:
- Personal blogs
- A new band name or solo musician name
- Fansites dedicated to your favorite musician or band
- Podcasts on any topic you find interesting
- A radio station or a radio show
- A club or event
- Your audiobook or music lessons website, etc.
- Your audio library on the Internet
- Any other type of website you can think of! There is nothing to lose and so much to gain by owning a .audio domain name.
It gives you instant recognition among those who are looking for you online.
It is also great for personal branding, professional image, or promoting your creative business.
What are the registration restrictions for a .audio domain name?
.audio domain names can be registered by anyone from anywhere, as long as the registrant (owner) of the domain is appropriate for .audio and matches the requirements listed on our website.
There are no restrictions on who can register a .audio domain name, and there is no need for prior authorization from anybody else to register one - you are free to register any .audio domain names you wish.
For instance, you can register a .audio domain name on behalf of your child or employee if they are the right candidate for this extension.
Note that some one-word .audio domains may not be available in certain TLDs depending on how many other applicants have applied for them.
What kind of characters are allowed in .audio domain names?
All name servers are required to support the following base characters.
- A-Z (small and capital letters)
- . (full stop)
Each domain name registered on the .audio registry must be a minimum of 3 characters in length and can contain letters, numbers, and hyphens only.
For example, band name.audio is allowed but brandname-.audio is not.
.audio supports internationalized domain name (IDN), meaning you can create a domain with characters from any language, which is great for online global expansion. Just make sure the combination you want to register is not already taken by an existing .audio registrant.