Registrants in the .bar gTLD must be legal entities or individuals that have their place of business or organization in, are citizens of, or are directly involved with the country to which this extension refers.
As such, it is free from any restrictions on who can register a domain name under this TLD. Businesses and organizations in the coastal city of Barcelona in Spain can benefit from this new gTLD.
Why choose the .bar domain name?
With a .bar domain name, you can choose to give your customers a clearer image of where your business is located.
This gTLD will be among the first small-sized, tailored extensions for specific geographical regions, and it can serve as a bold statement to show customers that you are local. You will also have the opportunity to create new
The .bar domain name has been designed for easy memorization and direct navigation, making it a highly desirable extension.
Investing in a .bar domain name is an excellent marketing tool since you get to show your web users what your site is all about which helps in increasing traffic and growing your subscriber list.
The .bar domain name offers an unrestricted choice of second-level domains, which means that you can register a different extension at the second level that best suits your business or organization.
You can arrange your website content to maximize your direct navigation by choosing from many available extensions under this TLD.
What are the registration restrictions for a .bar domain name?
There are no restrictions on who can register a .bar domain name, including individuals and businesses.
Individuals and legally established companies or organizations can apply for and use a .bar domain name. However, eligibility will be subject to validation by the Registry Operator.
This domain is restricted to those who meet the following criteria:
1. You must be a legal person (company, foundation, etc.), or an individual with a business in Barcelona and / or Catalonia (Spain). The .Bar Registry will need proof of either your registration as a company or organization; or evidence that you are an individual currently trading or doing business in Barcelona and Catalonia (Spain).
2. You must authorize your registration of the domain name, by making a written request to us, stating that you are either a legal person (company, foundation, etc.), or an individual with a business in Barcelona and / or Catalonia (Spain) and give us any documentation relevant to this request.
3. We may need to contact you for further information.
4. You must have an email address that you are able to access easily because the Registry will send one of the following emails:
_ An authorization code (via CERTES) in order for you to complete your domain name registration; or
_ A verification email to validate your domain name registration.
5. If we receive any complaints about your company/organization/individual, you are responsible for dealing with these complaints yourself directly with the person who has made the complaint.
6. Your email address is your username@domainname, however, there are some restrictions on what symbols you can use in your email address.
If the registration of your .bar domain name is restricted because you are not a legal person or individual trading or doing business in Barcelona and Catalonia (Spain), you can always check with us to see if your eligibility criteria have changed, by sending us a written request.