|Registrar name||Registered domains||Share, %|
|CSC Corporate Domains, Inc.||128||96.97%|
.barclays is a new generic Top-Level Domain (gTLD) specifically developed for the financial services industry to help financial institutions and corporate customers protect their brands online.
With .barclays, Barclays can provide its corporate customers and business partners with a unique and trusted namespace in which they can manage their web presence.
.barclays will enable Barclays to create a secure, predictable, and intuitive online environment for its customers, business partners, and the public.
By establishing more relevant connections with their customers, .barclays will also help reinforce trust in the brand of financial institutions by making it easier for visitors to find legitimate sites more easily on the internet.
.barclays will be available to all businesses and organizations for online use.
1. A registrant must be a legal entity or an individual operating a legitimate business.
2. A registrant must be a resident of a country that supports .barclays.
3. An application may not mislead, abuse, violate the legal rights of others, contain obscene material, or otherwise fail to comply with applicable law in any jurisdiction where the Registered Name is used.
4. An application may not violate the legal rights of any third party.
5. A registrant must provide complete and accurate information to Barclays when applying for a .barclays domain name, including but not limited to the registrant's name, address, phone number, fax number, and e-mail address.
6. An application may not violate any applicable laws or regulations, including but not limited to those of the country in which the registrant is located and international treaties or conventions that are applicable to domain names.
7. A registrant must have a valid presence on the Internet with an active website to be eligible for registering .barclays domain names.
8. A registrant must provide evidence that they have control over or permission to use the name, personal, and/or business name that is the subject of an application at the time of registration.
9. An application may not be made with a view to preventing the normal operation of the domain name system; facilitating phishing/identity theft or financial fraud; facilitating the unlawful distribution of copyrighted materials, or constituting fraudulent behavior.
10. A registrant may not use a .barclays domain name as part of a scheme to mislead consumers about goods and services distributed under its mark.
.barclays domain names will have a common second-level domain name structure similar to other TLDs in the Barclays family, such as .barclaycard.
.barclays domain names will have the following common second-level structure:
COM.BARCLAYS OR COM.BANK_NAME
OR BUSINESS_NAME .COM.BARCLAYS
OR BUSINESS_NAME .COM.BANK_NAME
A .barclays registrant must provide a valid trademark as part of its application.
Further, all applications for .barclays names require the following:
1. A valid trademark covering the second-level domain name that is being applied for; and
2. The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and fax number if available of the person or entity applying for the registration.
3. A written declaration that the entity applying for the .barclays domain name is the rightful owner of all registrations and other legal documents submitted as part of its application; and
4. Evidence of a legally-recognized request for the registration (such as approval from an authorized representative or a contract between related companies).
5. The required administration fee.