Ascio Technologies, Inc. Danmark - Filial af Ascio technologies, Inc. USA
CSC Corporate Domains, Inc.
What is the .basketball domain name?
The .basketball domain name is a new generic top-level domain for basketball fans, players, leagues, and teams. The .basketball name will be the eighth new gTLD available from Donuts.
The purpose of new gTLDs is to provide Internet addresses for all entities and uses. The .basketball domain will be an alternative to existing .com, .net, and .org web addresses (and others such as .gov and .mil) for sources related to basketball.
Who is eligible to register a .basketball domain name?
You are eligible to register a .basketball domain name if you are affiliated with basketball in any of the following ways:
- Basketball league, member or team owner.
- College or university basketball coach.
- Current or former player of a professional, college, or high school basketball team.
- A basketball fan affiliated with a particular team's fan club.
- A basketball fan affiliated with a college or professional basketball organization.
- A basketball equipment manufacturer, supplier, or retailer.
Every individual, organization, and business with a legitimate interest in basketball may register a .basketball domain name when registrations are open to the public.
Anyone who would like to register a .basketball domain name can do so. There are no restrictions or requirements that restrict who may register .basketball names.
In fact, all new gTLDs are available to the general public without restriction.
What are the registration restrictions for .basketball domain names?
There are no registration restrictions in this new gTLD. Any individual, company, or organization meeting eligibility requirements is welcome to register any number of .basketball names.
The only restriction is that you cannot register a .basketball for use as a "content" website, which means "any website whose purpose is to display ads, monetize via affiliate marketing or generate advertising revenue."
What are the common second-level .basketball domain names?
Second-level .basketball domain names include words and/or phrases related to basketball, such as:
- Basketball teams (e.g., the Charlotte Hornets)
- Leagues or conferences in which a team plays (e.g., NBA Eastern Conference)
- Players currently on a roster (e.g., Stephen Curry)
- College teams (e.g., the Davidson Wildcats)
- High school teams (e.g., Oak Hill Academy)
- Basketball tournaments and events (e.g., McDonald's All American Game, March Madness)
- Basketball equipment and supplies (e.g., Spalding basketballs, Nike shoes)
- Basketball skills and drills (e.g., shooting, dribbling)
- Basketball news and analysis (e.g., NBA trade rumors, NCAA college basketball rankings)
- Basketball statistics (e.g., NBA player stats).
- Fan clubs and organizations for a particular team or player (e.g., the Golden State Warriors fan club)
What documents do you need to register .basketball domain name?
To register a .basketball domain name, you'll need to submit some documents for review by the registry. Documents may be sent either through email or physical mail.
What are the benefits of registering .basketball domain names?
- Registering your own .basketball domain means that it's yours forever. There are no required renewals after the initial registration period.
- You can register and use your .basketball domain immediately after it has been approved by the registry.
- All .basketball domains are registered in compliance with ICANN's registrant rights protection mechanisms, which prohibit abusive registrations such as phishing and impersonation.
- You'll enjoy first-rate customer support through your domain name registrar, Network Solutions.