.blackfriday is a new international domain name (IDN) specifically dedicated to the Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping events.
The .BLACKFRIDAY gTLD offers brands, retailers, and bloggers a dedicated web platform with which to celebrate their participation in this important sales period – whether as a seller or simply an informed consumer.
The .BLACKFRIDAY gTLD is designed to give businesses, brands, and consumers a dedicated web address for the Black Friday shopping period.
This platform will provide information on deals, discounts, coupons, and how to participate in the shopping event of this important day of sales.
What are the benefits?
With blackfriday as your website address you will benefit from:
• A trusted and unique domain that is easy to remember
• Your own, dedicated platform for Black Friday content
• An intuitive second-level domain name - blackfriday.yoursite.com
• Being easily found on search engines increases traffic to your website.
• People are more likely to remember your address due to it being short and catchy.
• You can use the domain name for email addresses, social media accounts, etc.
• A .blackfriday domain name is an easy way to show your customers that you are aware of the latest trends and the most effective ways to communicate with them.
What are the registration restrictions for a .blackfriday domain name?
The .blackfriday gTLD is only available to:
• Trademark owners and brand agents of companies that sell consumer products or services that are related to purchasing, deals, discounts, and coupons.
• Persons engaged in the provision of online content directly related to blackfriday shopping events such as video tutorials on how to create Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping strategies, or how to take advantage of Friday Friday flyers, deals, and coupons, or how to participate in such events events.
Organizations or individuals that are authorized by trademark owners or brand agents to act on their behalf.
Will I be required to register my .blackfriday domain name?
The registry for this gTLD does not require the registrant (owner) of the domain name to be the trademark owner or brand agent.
In addition, if you are not the trademark owner or brand agent, you will be required to represent that you have authorization from the trademark owner or brand agent to register and use a .blackfriday domain on their behalf.
All registrants will be required to provide valid contact information for technical, administrative, and billing purposes.
The .Blackfriday Registry is accepting registrations of 3 main types:
• Brand Agent – A brand agent is a person or company that represents one or more trademark owners.
• Trademark Owner – The owner of a registered trademark for which the brand agent is the authorized party for licensing.
• Qualified Trademark User – A person or entity that has a bona fide intention to use the mark in commerce but is prevented from doing so due to a conflict with someone else's trademark rights.
What are the rules on second-level domain names?
There will be no restrictions placed on how many .blackfriday second-level domains you can register.
As with all domain names, you will be responsible for selecting a top-level (main) domain name that is unique and does not infringe on the rights of any third parties.