The domain name .casino is a new generic top-level domain (gTLD) that has been made available to the general public via online registration. It was approved in 2013 by ICANN.
ASIA Registry Limited operates the registry for .casino domain names.
1. Legal persons, natural persons, and multi-national entities that have a physical presence in specified jurisdictions can apply to register a .casino domain name.
2. Organizations and companies that plan to use a .casino domain name for marketing or commercial activities within the gambling industry are not considered eligible registrants.
3. Individuals and organizations with a presence in the following jurisdictions are not eligible for this gTLD: US, Netherlands Antilles, France, Spain, Italy, and Germany.
4. The applicant must not be sponsored or otherwise supported by an Eligible Registration Services Provider in the context of this application, except for the technical support required to complete the registration process.
5. The applicant must not have been involved in any activity that has resulted in a suspension of domain name services provided by an Eligible Registration Services Provider.
6. The applicant must not be the subject of a currently effective official notification of a breach of Internet security reported pursuant to Internet Domain Name System (DNS) Security Extensions (DNSSEC).
7. The applicant must not directly or indirectly own, operate, host, manage, or otherwise maintain a gambling website.
8. The domain name must not be the same as the domain name of any other registrant that is currently active in the registry system.
9. Registrants must have an address within the applicable jurisdiction identified by the registry.
Why do you need a .casino domain name?
.casino domain names increase visibility and viability of websites that offer online gambling services in the particular region or country where such a TLD is targeted.
A .casino website can be visible to residents of casinos in any area, giving it more opportunities for visitors and attention.
Being a global industry, online gambling is present in all parts of the world. The .casino gTLD targets these regions and countries:
North America (NA) including Central America (CA) and South America (SA)
Europe (EU), Africa (AF), Asia Pacific (AP), Middle East (ME), Indian Subcontinent (IN)
In addition, geographical restrictions are imposed on certain countries where online gambling is illegal.
When you register a .casino domain name, you can send a clear message to your potential client base that you are serious about offering high-quality online gambling services.
It also indicates a higher level of professionalism and credibility, which is especially useful for companies targeting customers outside their country or region.
What are the registration restrictions for a .casino domain name?
The domain name must contain between 3 and 63 characters without spaces or special characters.
It cannot start with a hyphen nor end with a dot. The first character can be a letter, a digit, or one of the following special characters: "-" (hyphen), "_" (underscore), and "." (dot).
Are there any registration restrictions?
Yes, the applicant must not be directly or indirectly involved with gambling services.
A prohibited activity is described as: offering for play, facilitating the playing of, assisting in playing (including predicting the outcome of games), advertising and marketing such activities;
manufacturing or modifying gaming equipment; providing lottery tickets; supplying lottery tickets or other items to lottery resellers; or processing lottery transactions.