The .coffee domain name is a top-level domain (TLD) that has been designed for use by coffee shops, roasters, suppliers, and related businesses.
The use of the .coffee extension will allow companies to directly associate their websites with what is one of the most popular drinks in the world.
The .coffee domain name will be a new gTLD (generic top-level domain). It will also be the fourth extension dedicated to the coffee industry, following .org, .net and .com.
Why does the coffee industry need a new TLD?
The industry already has three TLDs, but they are not always easy to remember and the sector is huge.
.coffee will make it easier for coffee business owners and operators to be found, and therefore build their businesses and increase profits.
How will the .coffee domain name help coffee shops?
There are several ways that a .coffee domain name can help coffee shops:
• It will allow them to create a professional and easily identifiable website.
• The web address is easier to remember and type in than the existing extension.
• There are no requirements for coffee businesses to use location extensions when they register their websites i.e., .coffee or .com/coffee.
• It will be easier for consumers to find the website of their favorite coffee shop or roaster online. For example, www.cafedaily.coffee is easier to remember than cafecompanyname.com/daily/coffee
What are the benefits of buying a .coffee domain name?
There are several benefits of buying a .coffee domain name. The most important are:
• They can be used to create a powerful and memorable web address.
• They are easy to type. Using a .coffee domain name will give you an advantage over competitors because it makes your site immediately recognizable, even if the user only types in part of the address.
• They will be a great investment because of the sheer size of the coffee industry.
• They are a unique way to promote your coffee business and stand out from the competition.
• The ability to send traffic to your website via email. Using a .com/.net extension at the end of your name will
• It provides businesses with an opportunity to clearly define what they do online.
• An extension that is associated with the coffee industry will help boost the sector's online presence, which means more customers and therefore more profits.
Why should I register my .coffee domain name?
The .coffee domain extension has been launched to help individuals, businesses and organizations tap into the huge market that exists for every component of the coffee value chain.
From roasters and suppliers through to cafes and consumers, there is a powerful opportunity here to reach out to your target audience in an instant.
Your company will benefit from an easy-to-remember domain name as well as the confidence that comes with a .coffee extension, rather than relying on competitors using other extensions.
The .coffee domain name can also be used to improve your site's search engine optimization (SEO).
Who is eligible to register a .coffee domain?
The registration of second-level domains within the gTLD is open to everyone except for governments and their departments, agencies, or affiliated organizations.
The registration of third-level domains within the coffee TLD will be open to everyone except for governments and their departments, agencies, or affiliated organizations.