A .courses domain is a new generic top-level domain name (gTLD) that matches the course of learning, education, training and any other courses. It's an open TLD without restrictions on registration.
Who can use a .courses domain name?
Any individual or organization who has valid reason to register the .courses domain name can do so. This includes individuals looking for a dynamic online presence or an organization that is committed to educations.
Who regulates .courses domain name?
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) will regulate the .Courses gTLD as it's responsible to perform the introduction, coordination, and registration of top-level domains. It is considered as one of the six managers that manage internet globally along with the United States Department of Commerce, the European Union, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, the African Union and the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation.
Tips to choose an ideal .courses domain name:
When registering a .courses domain name, it's important to consider the following:
- The name should be easy to remember and spell.
- The name should represent your brand or course of study.
- Avoid using numbers and symbols in the domain name.
Why choose a .courses domain name?
There are several reasons why you should consider registering a .courses domain name:
- It's a new gTLD, which makes it novel and unique.
- If you're in the education industry, it's an opportunity for you to stand out from your competitors and be easily identified by students and their parents.
- The domain name is easy to remember and sounds familiar.
- It's a relevant extension for it represents courses of study, education and any training on learning.
What's the Difference Between .com. and .courses?
The primary difference between a .com and a .courses is that the latter allows you to represent your courses of study, education and training. The former, on the other hand, is better suited for companies or organizations that offer commercial and retail products and services. So if you want to show your courses to students, parents and their families, then the .courses domain name is the perfect option for you.
Are there any restrictions when registering .courses domain name?
The .Courses gTLD is an open TLD without registration restriction on who can register the domain names. This means that it doesn't follow country code rules; anyone regardless of their location or native language can register a new one.
Is .courses a community-based domain name?
Yes, it's considered as a community-based domain name because it represents courses of study and any education program. So if you're in the education sector, this extension is for you.
What Documents Do You Need to Register .courses Domain Name?
When registering a .courses, you should bring the following documents:
- A document that shows your organization's registration with the appropriate authority.
- For an individual, a copy of your valid government identification must be presented during the transaction.
How Much Does .courses Domain Name Cost?
Registering a .courses domain name is relatively cheap compared to .com and other generic TLDs. You can secure your preferred domain for as low as $18.50 per year.