The .ing domain name is a top-level domain name that is reserved for registered trademarks. It is especially popular with companies that have the surname of their founder or an abbreviation thereof as part of their brand.
If you own a trademark that consists of the word "ing" then you can register for this domain name.
What are the benefits of .ing?
There are several benefits to registering your mark as a .ing domain name:
* It helps users find your website and brand by typing in your exact brand name, without having to include a special character or extension at the end
* You will avoid conflicts with other companies who may have registered similar brands/trademarks as standard top-level domains such as .com, .net, .org, etc.
* Your brand will be easily recognized by your target audience
* You are more likely to avoid cybersquatting or the practice of reserving a domain name with the intent to sell it for an inflated price.
* It prevents your competitors from creating websites that will confuse your customers or tarnish your brand reputation.
What are the requirements to register a .ing domain name?
Originality: In order for you to register a .ing top-level domain name, the mark must not have been used in connection with any other registered trademarks.
Distinctiveness: The trademark must also be distinctive from all other registered trademarks that use the term "ing" somewhere within them.
CAPITALIZATION: You may capitalize or spell your mark as you wish, however it must always remain the same casing (i.e., ING Capitalized and Ing Lowercase).
Note that although there are no limitations on who can apply for this TLD, only registered trademarks can be awarded the domain name.
Are there any restrictions?
There are a few restrictions that you should be aware of when registering for a .ing domain name:
* The .ing TLD is only available to trademark owners
* The domain must be used in connection with the company or brand that owns the trademark
* The website must be hosted in an ICANN-accredited domain name registrar.
Why register a .ing domain name?
There are many reasons why you might want to register a .ing domain name. One reason is to protect your brand. The .ing domain name is a great way to help protect your trademark and prevent others from using it.
Another reason to register a .ing domain name is to create a unique web presence for your business. The .ing domain name is perfect for businesses that offer services, such as accounting, consulting, or legal services.
Request password reset
Please fill out your email. A link to reset password will be sent there.