There is no special process needed to register a .MD domain name, no special action is needed on your end.
Entities connected with Moldova
.md domain name is a domain like .com and .net that has been introduced by IANA to be used for the Republic of Moldova. The third-level domains can also be registered for those who wish to use it as an alternative (most often as a second-level domain).
In accordance with the provisions of "Internet Domain Name Registration Rules in the Republic of Moldova", approved by Decision No. 172 of the Government of the Republic of Moldova, dated September 20, 2013, ".md" domains can be registered by:
The price of .md domain name is $39/year.
By registration of the ".md" domain, you show your interest in this country or project. It can be used for identification purposes, for projects related to the Republic of Moldova (it is also possible to register all types of sites - commercial, informational, social networks) and beyond its borders, but mainly by residents of the Republic of Moldova.
A domain name with a .md extension will make sure that users will remember your website more easily and it will look more professional.
To register a domain name at one of the sites that provide registration services, you need to follow some simple steps:
1. Find your domain name and check if it is available;
2. Fill in the required fields (name and email);
3. Select a hosting package;
4. If you want to use payment cards (credit cards), you will be redirected to a secure page where you can enter the necessary information.
5. If you have selected direct payment at one of our partners, then after selecting a hosting package, you will get a unique code from our operator which must be entered in the "Coupon Code" field when paying for your order on the partner’s site. Your code can be found in the letter that was sent to you after registration;
6. Make sure that your domain name was successfully registered. If everything is correct, you will see a page containing the information about your order and your domain name.
Second-level .md domains are those that begin with the symbol "mold" or symbols that have been used to designate a geographical entity. Currently, there are four second-level domains: mold, com.md, org.md and edu.md.
The rules of registration are same as any other domain name.