.MM represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Myanmar. The authorized body carrying out its registry is the Ministry of Communications of Myanmar.
Aside from usage as Myanmar’s two-letter country code, MM is also used as an acronym or abbreviation for other words. Other popular uses of MM include: million (numbers), memory module (computing), money market (commerce), marketing manager (occupation), Mitsubishi Motors (car brand), millimeter (unit of measurement), Metro Manila (location), Eminem (musician) and M&M’s (chocolate brand).
The registration of .mm domain names is available for individuals or business entities that:
- Have a local presence in the country
- The company must be registered and active according to laws and regulations. (Sole trader, limited companies, other companies included under the Companies Law).
If you are not sure if your company qualifies as a local presence you can apply for a free legal opinion from our Legal Opinion department.
- Have an official email address from the company or personal e-mail address
In order to register a .mm domain name, you have to have an official e-mail address from your organization.
- Domain name should start with the country code, i.e., .mm
Step by Step buying process:
1. Register a new domain name
To register a .mm domain name you should choose from the list of available domains.
Click on the "register" link in that domain, which will take you to the next step.
2. Fill out the form and then submit it
3. After they receive your request they will send you an e-mail with further instructions and payment details
4. Make the payment and your domain name is registered!
5. They will send you a confirmation email with all the information about your domain registration, which you need to approve (or not) within 48 hours after receiving it. If there is no such confirmation, your domain registration will be automatically cancelled.
6. After you approve the information, they will send you an e-mail with all your login details to your Account. From there you can manage your domains and hosting at any time. You will also receive an invoice for annual renewal fees for each domain which is required to keep them active.
7. You will receive an e-mail two (2) months before the annual renewal of each domain name to remind you about its existence and make sure it is paid for; this way you will avoid any interruption in your service
Please note, that in order to register any .mm domain names, you must have an official email account from your organization.
Why choose a .mm domain name?
.mm is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Myanmar (Burma). It is administered by The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT), Myanmar Post and Telecommunication ISP Department.
The Myanmar Computer Federation(MCF)is the official registrar of the Myanmarese ccTLDs and the organization that accepts registrations directly. Because
.MM domain names are not for sale directly from the registry, Myanma Post and Telecommunication (MPT) has contracted with the Myanmar Computer Federation (MCF) as their official reseller.
- .mm domains are not blocked by any internet service providers like it can happen with other ccTLDs (like .in for India).
- The domain name email addresses look professional and trustworthy; they are easy to remember and very appealing, which helps people to trust your business.
- It is extremely easy to share the address (users won't need to know if it's .com or .net or anything else; they will be able to type "www.example.mm" and it will work).
- The domain name servers are authoritative for all subdomains of the domain, so it is very easy to share information about your business.
- There are no limitations for country code top-level domain names.
- Anyone who wants to have an official email account can register a .mm domain name for free with the registrar of their choice.
Request password reset
Please fill out your email. A link to reset password will be sent there.