.NG represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Nigeria. This ccTLD was introduced in 1995 and was intended for entities connected with or doing business in Nigeria. Nigeria_Internet_Registration_Association is the authorized agency for carrying out .NG registry. On the other hand, Marcaria.com is an authorized registrar where applications are processed. The (dot)NG domain is popular in Nigeria and in other parts of the world.
NG also stands for: no good, new game, next game, nice guy, not going, next generation, National Geographic, nanogram, noble gas, not guilty, national guard, and many more.
There is no special process needed to register a .NG domain name, no special action is needed on your end.
.ng is Nigeria's Country Code Top Level Domain (ccTLD). The
.ng domain name is a part of the growth and development of Nigeria's Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector. It will provide an easily recognized and easily remembered web address for all Nigerian Internet users.
Individuals, businesses, or organizations with a presence in Nigeria can use the .ng domain to create a distinctive online identity for their websites.
How to register a .ng domain name?
Before you can register a .ng domain, you will need to have an active web hosting account in Nigeria. You also need the following:
• email address for use with your website.
• The name of your organization or website in the Nigerian language.
• Authentication letter from the Nigerian government indicating that you are operating in Nigeria.
How many characters can a .ng domain have?
A .ng domain name must have the following characteristics:
• It must be from 2 to 63 characters in length.
• It cannot start or end with a hyphen.
• It may have the following special characters:
. (period) - it must be the first character of a .ng domain name.
- (hyphen) - it must not appear in the third or more position in a .ng domain name.
/ (forward slash) - it may only appear as the second character of a .nw domain name and in no other position.
• It must contain only letters from the English alphabet, numbers from 0 to 9, and hyphens.
• In some cases, it may not be possible to register a domain name that is identical to another one that belongs to someone else. The registry will reject such requests in order to avoid confusion between two or more domains.
How do I start a .ng website?
There are four steps to starting your .ng website.
1) You will need to have an active web hosting account in Nigeria.
2) You will need to choose a name for your website. This must be your business or organization's name in the Nigerian language.
3) You will need to contact your web hosting service provider so that they can set up an email account on your website server.
4) You must obtain a letter from the Nigerian government confirming your business or organization's presence in Nigeria. Once it is approved, it will be used to register your .ng domain name.
Why should I buy a .ng domain name?
.ng domain name does more than give your business a specific web address. It also gives you a unique identity on the Internet and distinguishes you from other businesses in Nigeria.
Also, since .ng is the official country-code top-level domain name of Nigeria, it will help to promote your website as an integral part of the Nigerian economy.
It shows that you have a physical presence in Nigeria, which is important to customers, suppliers, and partners.
It makes you look professional. The .ng domain name has several benefits for individuals, businesses, or organizations.
Having a website with an easily remembered web address will make your business stand out online. It shows that you are well established and trusted by the Nigerian community.
Request password reset
Please fill out your email. A link to reset password will be sent there.