.OM is the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Oman. It was introduced in 1996 and was intended for entities affiliated with this territory. Telecommunication Regulatory Authority-Oman is the authorized body for carrying out its registry and performing the overall administration. Marcaria.com is one of the few accredited and trusted registrars for .OM domains.
Aside from being used as Oman’s two-letter country code, OM is also used to abbreviate other popular words. OM also stands for: oh my (slang, online chat), oriental medicine (health), on the move (text messaging), organic matter (science), office manager (occupation), oh man (online chat), office max (commerce), open marriage (beliefs, lifestyle) and open mall (commerce).
Entities connected with Oman
.OM Registry Information
.om domain name
A .om domain name is used for Oman, a country located in the continent of Asia. .om domain name is an abbreviation for Oman and it's one of the many internationalized country code top-level domain names (IDN ccTLD).
Who can use a .om domain name?
Anyone can apply for .om domains, including individuals and businesses. The domain name registrant will however need a local presence, a local entity legally present in Oman. This ensures that the domain name will be active within Oman and administered by someone who lives in Oman.
Who regulates .om domain name?
The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) of Oman is responsible for the regulation of all ccTLDs in oman. The TRA ensures that every "publicly available telecommunication service complies with good practice" and it "protects consumers from unfair trading practices and misleading advertising". It also investigates complaints from the public about any service provider.
Tips to choose ideal .om Domain Name:
The choice of a .om domain name is an important decision for any business located or doing business in Oman. Here are a few tips to help you choose the best domain name for your needs:
1) Make sure it's easy to type. The .om ccTLD is usually entered as one word, so leave enough room between consecutive characters for ease of typing.
2) Use keywords that reflect what your business does or what you.
3) It should be short and easy to remember.
4) The name should be unique. If there other companies using the same .om domain name, it will often result in confusion among local consumers - who should they choose? To ensure uniqueness at least within Oman you should add a location or keyword that reflects your company's business or location.
A good .om domain name should be something that motivates and inspires. Choose a name that can clearly tell your visitors what your website is about.
Common subdomains for .om domain
Some common subdomains are:
.com.om - This is the most common subdomain. It is used to represent commercial entities with a presence in Oman.
.edu.om - This subdomain is for educational institutions registered in the Sultanate of Oman
.gov.om - Governmental organizations can register .gov.om
.net.om - The .net.om is for companies that focus on network-related products and services
.org.om - This subdomain is for organizations based in Oman, but are not government-related
Can you register .om Domain Without Local Presence?
Yes, if you are interested to buy a .om domain name but do not have any local presence or a local representative you can still register the .om domain name.
The steps are as follows:
1) Find a local agent/reseller based in Oman who will handle the registration for you.
2) Have your desired domain name pre-reserved before starting the process by placing a domain parking order for your desired name with us.
3) Find the local agent/reseller you want to register your .om domain name through.
4) Enter an order, with the registration fees, through the reseller/agent you've chosen. The reseller will then forward your order to us and we'll take it from there.
5) We'll inform you via email once we've received the information and payment from your reseller/agent and commence setting up your .om domain name for you (if everything is in order). Once we receive all the records, we will send them to our local provider who will do a quick check on them. If they're all in order, your .om domain will be activated within 48 hours. If there are issues, they'll contact you for clarification.
How much does .om Domain Name cost?
The price of a .om domain name depends on the specific TLD extension that you wish to register and comes with multiple options such as private registration, third-level registration and so on. Generally, the price ranges from $40 to $100 per year.
Request password reset
Please fill out your email. A link to reset password will be sent there.