The .report domain name is a new generic Top-Level Domain (gTLD) that can be used to share information on any type of report. It is intended for use by reporters and journalists, as well as individuals and organizations who work in the news industry.
What are the benefits of the .report domain name?
The .report domain name offers several benefits for reporters and journalists, as well as individuals and organizations who work in the news industry. These benefits include:
1. The ability to create a personalized website or blog using the .report domain name. This can help you to build your brand and better promote your work.
2. The ability to easily share your latest news stories and articles with your audience. This can help you to reach a wider audience and increase your readership.
3. The ability to connect with other reporters and journalists who are using the .report domain name. This can help you to exchange information and collaborate on news stories.
4. The ability to protect your brand and reputation online. The .report domain name can help you to create a website or blog that is dedicated to your work as a reporter or journalist. This can help you to build trust with your audience and protect your reputation online.
5. The ability to show your commitment to quality journalism. The .report domain name can be used as a badge of honor for reporters and journalists who are committed to delivering quality news stories.
What are the restrictions?
There are a few key restrictions that apply to the .report domain name. Firstly, it is restricted to use by individuals and organizations who wish to report on any type of information.
Secondly, given the broad scope of what can be reported on, registrants must ensure that their content is lawful and does not infringe on the rights of others. Finally, as with all gTLDs, profanity and sexually explicit content are prohibited.
Who can register a .report domain name?
Anyone can register a .report domain name provided they meet the eligibility criteria. This includes individuals and organizations who wish to share information on reports in a responsible way.
What are the benefits of .report?
The .report TLD offers quick identification with breaking news, current affairs, and factual content for publishers, media outlets, journalists, and bloggers. The gTLD can also be used by companies that deal with facts such as facts providers or fact-checkers.
Businesses involved in real-time reporting such as newswire services may also use this extension to identify their activity and distinguish themselves from competitors.
Unlike many existing gTLDs, the .report gTLD comes with built-in usage guidelines for registrants, in order to provide registrants with much-needed guidance in regards to how they could potentially use their domains.
Through these usage guidelines, it has been made clear that this is an open registry that encourages responsible use.
The existence of these usage guidelines also means that this TLD will not be at risk of being hijacked by bad actors or cybercriminals wishing to engage in illegal activities under the cover of a trusted domain name.