.SI represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Slovenia. It was introduced in 1993 and was intended for entities with connection to Slovenia. ARNES is the authorized unit for carrying out its registry, while Marcaria.com is the number one registrar for processing the .SI domain registration. Registration is relaxed and non-restricted.
Aside from usage as Slovenia’s two-letter country code, SI is also used to abbreviate other popular words. SI also stands for: school of information (academe or educational institution), social issues (government), system integration (technology), special intelligence (military), Solomon Islands (location in Australia), shop information (ecommerce), similar interests (online chat), Spokane International (railroad), Sichuan (province in China), and many more!
There is no special process needed to register a .SI domain name, no special action is needed on your end.
si is the national domain of Slovenia. .si is a relevant choice for our customers that do business in Slovenia or Central Europe – it is easy to remember and relevant – written in Latin characters just like most western European languages.
The .si domain is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Slovenia. It is administered by ARNES, the Academic and Research Network of Slovenia. Registry website: registry.si Documents: SI TLD regulations
Registering a . SI Domain Name will give your business an online identity that reflects your company's culture and values to Slovenian consumers and visitors from around the world.
What are the benefits of registering a .si domain?
There are many reasons you should register a .si domain name. Here are just a few:
• Your .si domain name will closely match your company's branding and give customers a uniform perception of your brand.
• You'll be able to easily access the Slovenian market with sites that are only available in Slovenia.
• The .SI TLD is easy for you to remember, type, and market in your native language.
• If you are receiving business in Slovenia, registering a .SI domain name will show that you are doing business there and are serious about expanding your customer base.
• Having internationalized email addresses will facilitate communication with local clients in their own language.
• Your website will appear higher in local search rankings because most Internet users naturally use their own language to find information online.
• Social media sites are only available in Slovenia for .si domains, which means you can connect with potential customers where they are already spending their time.
With a .si domain name, you'll have access to local search engines and social media sites that are only available in Slovenia.
Registering a .SI Domain Name will also allow you to create an email address with your own personalized webmail service like Gmail or Yahoo! Mail, which can be accessed through any computer connected to the internet.
What is the procedure after my .si domain expires?
Once your .si domain name has expired, you will need to renew it accordingly. You'll be notified of its expiration ahead of time so you can renew it on time and avoid suspension or deletion
You'll receive your .si domain name immediately after registration.
Are there any restrictions on .si domains?
There are no special requirements for registering a .SI Domain Name. All registrations are considered first-come, first-served. You can register as many names as you would like at the same time. A maximum of 10 domains can be registered under one organization.
• The .SI Registry imposes a 1 to 8 character minimum for registered domain names.
• You must offer proof of trademark ownership or demonstrate that you are legally entitled to register it as your domain name.
• There is no limitation on the maximum length of a .si internet domain name.
• All registrants must be organizations, not individuals.
• The .SI Registry requires the registrant's contact information to match its business registration with the relevant government authority.
If it does not, please provide a valid court or administrative ruling that demonstrates your entitlement to register the domain name.
"Second-level domains" are available for organizations based in Slovenia, including municipalities and cities, as well as companies and organizations from other countries.
These second-level domains are generally not translated into other languages but have the same restrictions as those for .SI Domain Names.
In addition, there is a third level under some of these domain names that can be registered by organizations based in Slovenia only.
Request password reset
Please fill out your email. A link to reset password will be sent there.