A .software is a domain name specifically designated for entities that deal with software.
The online software industry uses it to identify itself from the rest of the software industry. This includes subcategories of the software industry, such as security-related software, graphics software, computer game software, educational software...etc.
Who can use a .software domain name?
Anyone who deals with information technology or software can use a .software domain name. This includes companies that develop new software, software distributors and many more businesses related to the IT industry.
The benefits of using a .software domain name are the following:
- It distinguishes your brand from other brands in the software industry.
- It helps your target audience find you easily online as they only need to type 'www.yourcompanyname.software' and they will be able to reach your website or company information more easily than before, as there won't be any other businesses with the similar name.
A .software domain name will help your company be visible online by using keywords in the domain name. The software industry is a growing industry with high demands for new products.
Having a .software domain name for your business or brand can help you attract more customers to do business with you.
Tips to choose ideal .software Domain Name:
- Using keywords in your domain name is a very important part in the success of your website. For example, in case you are in the software industry, include 'software' or 'softwares' in your domain name to attract visitors who are looking for businesses related to the software industry.
- Try to choose a software domain name that is simple and easy to remember.
- Avoid lengthy .software domain names as they are difficult to memorize and type in the browser.
- It's a good idea if you can include your company name in the .software domain name, for example 'www.mycompanyname.software' will be an ideal domain name for your website.
Is it possible to transfer my current website from another domain name extension to .software?
Yes, you can transfer any current website from another domain name extensions such as .com and .net to .software domain name. To do that, follow the following steps:
- Find a domain name company that has the authorization to transfer websites from other extensions such as .com and .net to .software.
- Follow their instructions on transferring your website or domain name, which usually involves entering your domain name in a box at their portal after signing up with them. The rest of the process will be done by the company who you asked to transfer your current domain name.
What Documents Do You Need to Register .software Domain Name?
To register a software domain name, you need an official document that proves your business or organization is legitimate and the domain name you want to register is for a legal entity.
For example, if you are an individual, you can use your passport; If you represent a company, then you can provide any of the following as evidence:
Your official registration document from the registrar where the company has been registered such as a certificate of incorporation.
If your company is in the process of registration, then you can provide a certified copy of the memorandum and articles of association or any other similar document that shows that your business or organization has been registered with the corresponding government agency.