There is no special process needed to register a .SOY domain name, no special action is needed on your end.
|Registrar name||Registered domains||Share, %|
|Tucows Domains Inc.||68||2.66%|
|Network Solutions, LLC||36||1.41%|
|PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com||28||1.09%|
.soy domain name is a new global domain name extension that is intended to be used by individuals and businesses with a focus on the Hispanic market.
The registration process of .soy domain is similar to any other domains under a particular top-level domain name extension. Since it's a relatively new gTLD, only a few registrars currently support the registration of .soy domains.
The individuals and businesses with an exclusively focus on the Hispanic market can register and own .soy nomina domain names.
It's important to note that trademark owners, regardless of their particular business or industry, cannot claim ownership of a .soy nomina domain name that they didn't register or have originally registered with the use of their trademark.
The .soy domain is designed to support individuals and businesses who specifically target Hispanic population segment or any other business that is related to or focus on Hispanic population.
This is certainly important for companies that are exclusively focus in the Hispanic market segment with their products, services and marketing campaigns. The .soy domain can be used to promote or highlight company's business activities specifically towards this particular ethnic community living in the United States.
The following tips can be considered when selecting a .soy domain name:
1. Select a .soy domain name relevant to your business, products and services. Ensure you are able to use the domain in terms of marketing materials or for creating website content easily.
2. Ensure your selected .soy domain will lead users to your web site when they are entering your business name or products/services in their web browser.
3. The domain name should also be easy to remember and it will help if the users can easily spell out the website address when typing it on their web browsers.
4. The domain name should be easy to read and pronounce to avoid creating communication barriers between your business/products/services and Hispanic population segment or any other ethnic communities.
5. You can also consider explicitly targeting the particular Hispanic community with the .soy domain name by including words derived from Spanish language such as "pastel es" or any other unique words that are commonly used among the Hispanic community.
The following documents are needed when applying for a .soy domain name:
1. The full list of domain contacts (administrative, technical and billing) which includes the registrant details, valid email address and telephone number.
2. A copy of your trademark or company registration showing your company name or trademark registration authority name.
3. Company's business license if you are either a local business or a corporation.
The price of a .soy domain depends on the registrar you are using. Discounts and promotional offers may also be offered from time to time from different registrars so it's best to check with them directly if you have a specific domain name in mind. This said, you should expect to spend around $10-$15 per domain name each year if you purchase it directly from the registrar.