Both individuals and companies that are resident in the French Southern and Antarctic Lands may apply for a .tf domain name.
Anyone worldwide can register .tf names, but it's meant for businesses or individuals located in French Southern Territories.
There are no requirements for who can own a .tf domain name. All applicants will be subject to technical and application rules outlined by AFNIC. The duration of the domain name registration is 2 years, with the possibility of renewal.
Anyone can own a .tf domain name. This includes businesses, companies, and organizations.
What are the registration restrictions for a .tf domain name?
The following rules apply:
1. The domain name must reflect the company's name or the contact person's name;
2. No numbers at the end;
3. Maximum of 63 characters (letters and spaces);
4. A .tf domain name must not be used to mislead users on the website to which it points;
5. A .tf domain name must not be used as a generic term;
6. A .tf domain name may not correspond to the company's activity;
7. A .tf domain name cannot be a synonym of the geographical location of the company's activity or its contact person.
8. A .tf domain name must not correspond to a trademark that is identical, similar or complementary to a trademark that was registered prior to the application date;
9. A .tf domain name may not be contrary to public order or to French values, especially those of gender equality;
10. A .tf domain name may not violate any rights in the form of trademarks, geographical indications, or appellations of origin;
11. A .tf domain name must be composed of at least one word (abbreviations are allowed);
12. No special characters are allowed.
Please note that a .tf domain name must be at least one word long. Abbreviations and/or numbers will not be accepted. The special character set is limited to the 26 letters of the French alphabet, excluding the letter "ù".
Why choose a .tf domain name?
A .tf domain name is an efficient way of getting the French Southern Territories on the web. It also makes it easier to represent yourself online in this small, widely unknown territory (and provides you with a shorter and more recognizable alternative than afnic.fr).
The use of .tf automatically gives you priority over websites that aren't located within the French Southern Territories.
With a .tf domain name, your website will be more easily found by French-speaking internet users. That means you'll have an edge over competitors that don't use country extensions or that go with less specific options like .com, .net, etc.
The .tf domain extension also comes with many other useful features that help websites to stand out in search engine results.
Who controls the .tf domain names?
AFNIC is responsible for administering and managing French country-code top-level domains (including .tf) and ensuring the stability and security of registry operations.
AFNIC is a not-for-profit association placed under the double supervision of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Culture and Communication or more information.
Request password reset
Please fill out your email. A link to reset password will be sent there.