The .tirol domain name is the new generic top-level domain (gTLD) that has been created for the Austrian province of Tirol.
The Internet suffix .tirol will be used by residents, commuters, businesses and visitors to express their affiliation with this region.
It will provide a platform to convey local information in an innovative way via internet platforms.
In particular, it can strengthen the call to action of both individuals and companies in presenting themselves transnationally.
- A new top-level domain (TLD) called .tirol has been created for the Austrian province of Tirol
- Residents, commuters, businesses and visitors to express their affiliation with this region via internet platforms
- It can strengthen the call to action of both individuals and companies in presenting themselves transnationally
How do I register a .tirol domain name?
To register a .tirol domain name you need to be an individual or legal entity resident in the province of Tirol. We will construct your link list based on our database according to certain criteria.
You cannot use this link list for commercial purposes or have any other ulterior motive, nor are you allowed to transfer it, publish it, sell it or pass it on without prior consent.
Who can register a .tirol domain name?
For the purposes of the registration of a .tirol domain, an individual or legal entity resident in the province of Tirol is defined as follows:
Resident in Tirol - means an individual who is domiciled in the province of Tirol (including persons living abroad but whose principal residence and main economic interest are located in South Tyrol) or foreign nationals with permanent residence in the province of Tirol.
The individual or legal entity within the meaning of sentence 1 has to be registered in South Tyrol in one of the following registers:
- Register of Legal Entities
- Register of Individuals for whom Registration is Mandatory
What is required to register a .tirol domain name?
Before you can register your desired .tirol domain name, you need to fulfill the requirements detailed below. One single application must contain all required documents.
If you, as an individual applicant, are not yet registered in the register of Legal Entities or Registered Individuals (Register des Handels- oder Vereinsrechtes; Registro degli enti commerciali e di associazioni giuridiche), we require:
- A copy of your valid identity card (in German: “Personalausweis”)
- Birth certificate:
If you, as a legal entity applicant, are not yet registered in the register of Legal Entities:
- A copy of our extract from the Register of Legal Entities or documentation that can prove your existence and authenticity
What is required to obtain a .tirol domain name?
The following requirements must be fulfilled in order to obtain a .tirol domain name:
- You have entered into a contract with us or you are currently using an internet service provided by us.
- Your request complies with all applicable laws, regulations and our terms of service.
- For individuals: Fulfillment of the conditions for registration as mentioned in section 1.
- For legal entities: Registration with one of the official registers specified in section 2.
The following criteria are not considered to be reasons for refusing an application for registration or transfer of a .tirol domain name:
- Domain names that are confusingly similar to trademarks registered by third parties are excluded from protection if they are used without intent to infringe.