.VG domain is the official country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of the British Virgin Islands.
According to ICANN, the registry is responsible for operating and maintaining a number of key roles in the Internet's Domain Name System (DNS), as part of their duties as the designated manager for the .VG TLD.
How to register .vg domain?
If you are a citizen of the British Virgin Islands or you have a business there then the .vg domain name would be an ideal choice for your website.
To register you will find a registrar company, where you can buy a .vg domain name and set up an account for this purpose – usually takes 1 – 24 hours. The cost of registration depends on the price policy of chosen registrar company.
What are the registration restrictions for a .vg domain name?
You are not allowed to register .vg domain names with special characters, such as ö, é, à.
Also, you are not allowed to use .VG domain in the following cases:
- if your website provides any type of pornographic content or material that is adult-oriented or otherwise related to adult services;
- if your website is focused on providing access to software that is designed to enable users to gain unauthorized access to content, data, or other computers, systems, or networks;
- if your website provides directories of user-supplied telephone numbers or addresses (e.g. white and yellow pages);
- if you provide a service where the primary purpose is to deliver, install or configure internet content;
- if your website is an internet chat site;
- if you provide web hosting services (except for accepted sites);
- if your website transmits viruses or other harmful components to (or by using) the .VG domain name server;
- if your website downloads software without the permission of the owner of any computer, server or network that is being accessed by means of .VG domain name server;
- if your website provides access to audio and video streaming content for which you are not authorised or have not obtained all necessary rights and/or licenses.
How long does it take for the registration of the .vg domain?
The minimum time that is required for registering a new .vg domain name is 36 hours.
It may take up to 48 hours due to many different reasons (for example, if a domain name is already registered by someone else).
What are the characters allowed within a .vg domain name?
- Between 3 and 63 characters in length;
- Letters, numbers or hyphens are allowed;
- Hyphens and non-Latin characters are not allowed;
- Hyphens can be used as word separator.
Why use a .vg domain extension?
The .vg extension is perfect for companies and individuals who want to build a strong online presence in the British Virgin Islands.
Also, using a local domain name can help people get more familiar with your website.
It's easier for your website to rank high in local search results and get exposure.
Also we advise you to use the .VG domain name if:
- You are a citizen of British Virgin Islands;
- You have a business there;
- Your target audience is from this country (British Virgin Islands);
- You are interested in the development of the local economy.
First of all, for BVI citizens or companies it allows you to create an official domain specific to the British Virgin Islands.
Secondly, creating a new website with specific .vg top-level domain name can provide your business with more targeted traffic and search engine visibility.
And last but not least, the total of three second registration price may attract more and more site owners to register a new web address.
So, if you want to boost your business activity and attract new visitors – find the right registrar and buy a .vg domain!
And for those who are interested in local search results – it's recommended not just to open up a website with the appropriate extension - but also include the local search terms in your web content.