It is a new top-level domain (TLD) name, which can be used to identify any person, place, or organization on the Internet. It is an exceptional choice for bloggers, journalists, and citizen journalists to create their own personal websites.
The .watch domain name extension can be used by any individual or company who is either involved or wants to get involved in the watch business.
It also works for non-profit organizations that are working on awareness campaigns related to timepieces and watches, as well as individuals who want to create their personal websites about watches.
Who is eligible to register a .watch domain name?
The registration of this TLD is open to all individuals and companies.
No specific registrations are required in order to be able to register .watch domain names, with the exception of an active website or online presence within the watch industry.
What are the requirements for registering a .watch domain name?
In order to register a .watch domain name, you will need to provide us with the following details:
- First and last name of the Domain Administrator or contact person
- First and last name of Technical Contact or website administrator
- Company/Organization name (if applicable)
- Valid email address for both technical and administrative contacts. These should be personal emails instead of business emails so that the receiving party can respond accordingly.
- Country where this entity is located/registered from If you want to use a privacy service, please remember that your legal business must have a street address somewhere in the world!
This TLD is open to all people and companies, with the exception of financial institutions. In order to register .watch domain names, you need a website or an online presence within the watch industry.
To register a .watch domain name, you don't need any specific qualifications, nor do you have to provide evidence that you are associated with the watch business.
You can also protect your rights in case someone is trying to register it before you by using privacy protection services provided by some registrars and hosting providers.
What are the benefits of registering a .watch domain?
It is the cheapest option to create your personal website and online presence within the watch industry. It also helps you establish and maintain a visible online presence, which can be used for further purposes such as:
- Creating an independent blog about watches
- Launching a specialist publication related to timepieces and watches
- Building an informative resource site for watch lovers
- Educating people about important issues in relation to timepieces and watches
This TLD will also provide you with more flexibility in terms of web development possibilities due to its open registration policies. You can host it on any hosting provider or registrar you want without restrictions.
Since it is a new top-level domain name extension for individuals and business entities who want to get involved in the watch industry, registering a .watch domain name has its unique advantages:
It provides trust and legitimacy regarding your affiliation within this specific sector.
It makes it easy for Internet users looking for anything related to watches to find you easily on search engines.
It can help develop your personal brand by giving you control over your own identity related to watches.