The .wine domain name is the new generic Top-Level Domain (gTLD) for wineries, wine lovers, and all associated with the Wine industry.
This new gTLD gives individuals, businesses, wineries, and other members of the wine community a dedicated domain space in which to better connect with their audiences.
The .wine TLD will allow registrants to create content-rich websites that are easily accessible across all devices worldwide.
What are the benefits of registering a .wine domain name?
The .wine domain provides numerous advantages to existing wineries, grape growers, wine merchants, wine writers, and educators.
A .wine website will be easier for users to find than a site using a non-geographically specific TLD such as ".com," especially when the user is specifically looking for a company in the wine industry or information on products and services from that sector.
It will help brand awareness and establish credibility among consumers who look for legitimate members of this community.
There are many benefits to registering a .wine domain. These include:
- Creates stronger brands by establishing instant authenticity and trust with customers
- Enhances search rankings by leveraging the commonly searched term "wine" in URLs, etc.
- Enables easier sharing and collaboration across social channels and email newsletters (i.e., www.yourname.wine)
- Establishes ownership of content and reduces the likelihood of brand infringement or cybersquatting by others.
- Creates strong differentiation from other wine domains (.com/.net/.org) while building awareness, authority, and loyalty for your brand.
- Better enables customers to reach your business, winery, or organization
- Create secured and trustworthy website addresses
- Capture visitors via mobile devices by using a .wine URL
Who can register a .wine domain name?
Only an entity connected to the wine industry can register a .wine domain.
This includes wineries, viticulturists, merchants, appellations and alliances, organizations, and groups with a connection to the wine industry.
Domain names must be at least three characters in length.
Why choose the .wine domain name?
The .wine domain name is the most appropriate TLD for the wine industry.
It is intuitive, memorable, and will build brand awareness for registrants who wish to grow their web presence within this community.
The .wine domain name provides a unique and memorable namespace for internet users to find information, products, and services from legitimate members of the wine community.
It will provide an online environment that creates a trusted community while facilitating conversations among wine enthusiasts.
The domain provides clear differentiation between products and services being marketed by registrants, making it easier for consumers to find what they are looking for.
A website with the .wine domain name will be considered more professional than sites using other TLDs or subdomains of non-wine-related TLDs, which could lead to increased conversion rates and customer satisfaction.
Who cannot register a .wine domain name?
Individuals who are not connected to the wine industry are not eligible for .wine domain names.
Specifically, this includes but is not limited to:
- Grape growers or dealers, unless they also own a winery/vineyard or sell their grapes to one.
- Individuals who work in any capacity at a winery (managers, owners, cellar hands), unless they have another role outside of winemaking within the wine community that makes them legitimate candidates for .wine domain name ownership.