The .world domain name is a new domain extension that is open to everyone. It was designed for individuals, communities, businesses, and organizations who are interested in creating an online identity dedicated to the global community at large.
The .world namespace will allow anyone to create a web presence with a unique online destination focused on connecting people across all cultures, languages, beliefs, and interests.
What are the benefits of using the .world domain name?
The .world domain name is a good choice for people who are looking to create a website that focuses on the entire world, rather than a specific country or region.
It can be used by businesses and individuals alike to promote their websites which focus on world events, culture, travel, and tourism, news, and entertainment.
This top-level domain name extension can also be an ideal choice for non-profit organizations with missions involving global issues like poverty.
The benefits of the .world domain name include:
Easily share and communicate with other people.
Make your business more visible through a global presence on the Internet.
Create awareness about topics you are passionate about, such as humanitarian causes, travel, music, or local events.
.world is a generic top-level domain (gTLD) with the primary focus on providing Internet addresses to the general public.
Many organizations are choosing .world for its ability to clearly identify their products, services or business, while also being easily recognizable by customers when they visit your website or email address.
What is unique about the .world domain?
While most generic TLDs (top-level domains) are restricted to use by companies or individuals with physical addresses in that particular country or territory, there is no restriction when registering with the .world domain.
This means anyone around the world can now register a .world domain name.
Who can register a .world domain name?
As .world domain names can be used by anyone, there are no restrictions on who may register a name with this extension.
What is required to register a .world domain name?
In order to register a .world domain name, registrants must provide:
• A minimum of 3 characters in the desired .world domain (beginning with an alphabetic character) and a maximum of 63 characters (both numbers and letters).
• An active e-mail address.
• The full URL for the website for which they would like to use the .domain name.
What does this mean for my business?
A .world domain name can help your business stand out online.
Use the .world extension to build trust and credibility with your customers by having an instantly recognizable web address that keeps you easily in front of them as they plan their next trip, research a product or service, or stay up-to-date on current events around the world.
Individuals and businesses alike should consider reserving their ideal web address before someone else takes it. The earlier you act, the better.
What are some other benefits of using a .world domain name?
Along with the ability to promote yourself globally online through search engine results, social media profiles, and email, a .world domain name may:
• Enhance your company's online identity and positively impact sales.
• Help your business stand out from the competition in search engine results pages (SERPs) when someone searches for your industry specifically or your location within it.
• Provide multiple opportunities to build credibility and trust with customers by creating memorable, instantly identifiable web addresses that keep you easily in front of them as they research their next trip, product or service, or stay up-to-date on current events around the world.